No traveling to Mexico for Tourist or Recreation
The United States of America along with Mexico and Canada have agreed that there will be no more traveling between the 3 countries for Tourism and Recreation purposes. The date has now been extended until June 22nd. The Initial closing was announced back On March 18 by President Donald Trump. So Mexico will open up June 1st. Just not to the USA and Canadian Citizens. They will open up for domestic customers.
Mexico will only open to Essential Travelers
Who is considered an “essential” traveler?
- Citizens and lawful permanent residents returning to the United States.
- Individuals traveling for medical purposes (e.g., to receive medical treatment in the United States).
- Individuals traveling to attend educational institutions.
- Individuals traveling to work in the United States (e.g., individuals working in the agriculture industry who must travel between the United States and Canada or Mexico in furtherance of such work).
- Individuals traveling for emergency response and public health purposes (e.g., government officials or emergency responders entering the United States to support federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial government efforts to respond to COVID-19 or other emergencies).
- Individuals engaged in lawful cross-border trade (e.g., truck drivers supporting the movement of cargo between the United States and Canada and Mexico).
- Individuals engaged in official government travel or diplomatic travel.
- Individuals engaged in military-related travel or operations.
You can not visit Mexico if the purpose is for Site seeing, gambling, or attending a cultural event. To find out More Please Check out this link. https://mx.usembassy.gov/travel-restrictions-fact-sheet/
Mexico is the 7th most Visited Country in the world for Tourist
Mexico is a beautiful Country. With the ancient Mayan ruins and the beautiful white sand beaches and Crystal clear blue waters. The country has lots of Pyramids and Castles and land to explore.
My Recent Trip to Cancun
My recent trip to Cancun was amazing. The nightlife along with beaches and food was the highlight of my trip. I planned to go to Isla Mujeres but because of the pandemic, I was not able to attend it or the pyramids. I can say that I am looking forward to traveling back to Mexico. I am looking forward to this travel ban to hurry up and end.
No traveling to Canada for Tourist or Recreation
The same rules apply to the USA and Mexican Citizens. There will be no tourist visas to visit Canada. You will need to have an essential Reason to visit.
If you are Canadian and are wondering about traveling to the USA or other places here is some information regarding Canada Travel for Canadian Citizens. https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories